Tuesday 13 July 2010

Positivity

This is my first time blogging so I apologise in advanced if it is totally boring, but after reading fellow WW's blogs I thought it would be a good idea to start one.

This is me:
I'm a 19 year old girl, studying Psychology and Criminology in UWE, Bristol, originally from South Wales.

I once dreamed of being "normal" but what is normal these days? I no longer want to be "normal", I want to be happy within myself. Anyway the idea behind my blog is that I'm on a weight loss journey with weight watchers, that I believe is not a diet, but a change of my lifestyle; down to the way I eat, the relationship I have with food, and the exercise I do. I started this journey on 8/5/2010 and since then I have lost 15lbs. I wouldn't have got this far already if it wasn't for the support and love of my friends and family both at home and in university.

Yesterday after loosing my first stone it put me into a very positive mind set. I now actually believe I can loose this weight and achieve things in life. And I have therefore set my self the challenge of completing the "run10k"( http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/10k/) in October of this year. I am the type of person who needs goals to acheive and challenges to complete and therefore I am determined to complete this!!

Running training began this morning when I was up at 7am to go for a run, and actually EXCITED to go. Ok, so the mile almost killed me and I didn't run for the whole mile, but hey it's only day 1!!

At the start of my weight watchers journey I started a personal diary, and in the 3 months since then I can see the difference it's had on the way I feel, even if I can't yet notice the physical weight loss, although others have, and receiving compliments is great:)

So there's my first blog, I am going to aim to write here everyday, as it gives me something to focus on.Sorry if this was utterly boring to read but thanks to everyone who does read this :)

No comments:

Post a Comment