Thursday 20 February 2014

Chickpea, Chorizo & Spinach soup/stew

I have an undying love for Chorizo, although it is quite high in points in terms of Weight Watchers, you don't actually need that much as it has such a strong flavour.

I'm back working nights this weekend and really wanted to make something I could take that would warm me up, give me energy and not break the bank in terms of points (I'm currently on -10 for the week, need to go to the gym!)

So although I called this a soup I guess it's actually more of a stew as I didn't blend it as I thought that would be a bit rank!

Ingredients (for about 6 portions)

100g Chorizo - sliced, but not too thinly!
200g Chickpeas - drained
400g Chopped Tomatoes
1 red onion - finely sliced
2 red peppers - chopped
3 garlic cloves - crushed
1 bay leaf
1 tbsp chilies - I cheated and used dried crushed ones.
3 large handfuls of spinach

Method

1) Spray a saucepan with frylight (make sure you use one big enough to hold all the ingredients, I made this mistake!!) Add the onions, pepper and garlic & cook for 4-5 minutes until the onions have browned.

2) Add the sliced Chorizo and cook for a further 2-3 minutes to let the flavour of the Chorizo out.

3) Add in the drained chickpeas and cook again for a further 2-3 minutes

4) Add in the chopped tomatoes, chilies, bay leaf and about half a cup of water. Cover & simmer for 20 minutes.

5) Add in the spinach until wilted & serve.

I've worked it out if it serves 6 then it's 2 ProPoints per serving! Winning!

Displaying image.jpegDisplaying image.jpegDisplaying image.jpegDisplaying image.jpegDisplaying image.jpegDisplaying image.jpegDisplaying image.jpegDisplaying image.jpeg

Hope you enjoy this if you give it a go and please let me know how you like it:)

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment